Saturday, April 28, 2012 • 10:05 PM •
6 Trends of the Season: Photo Inspirations!
Here’s a quick rundown on the trends that you will be seeing in the streets this spring and summer, if you haven’t already! There are always some trends that are revisited or some that are relatively new. Either way, you should definitely experiment and see if the trends fit your sense of style! You’ll never know unless you try and it never hurts to expand and evolve your current style and closet.
Here’s a list of the most common trends of the season!
Disclaimer: None of the photos belong to me. Photos all came from google searches, tumblr, and style.com.
- The Collar Craze:
- There are so many ways to wear this look. The collar accessory can be a separate accessory like in the first photo. Wear the collar accessory with a high-neck knit sweater, and you give the illusion that you’re wearing a blouse underneath
- If you want to sport the collar craze look a little more discretely than those blinged out collars, find or make a collar with a simple but elegant tip like the second and fourth picture
- Marchesa’s dress from the Resort 2012 collection has subtle details of an embellished Peter Pan collar branching out to she shoulder blades.
- Check out the youtube clip below for a quick DIY tutorial on making your own collars! Best part, no one else would be caught in the same accessory as you!
- The Pyjama Suit: Good news everybody, there’s nothing high maintenance about this pyjama suit trend! It’s been rather popular on the Spring 2012 runway season. Personally, it’s my least favorite trend. It’s definitely a look that takes time to get used to. But still can be a lot of fun and not to mention COMFORTABLE, (let’s admit here that often Beauty is pain!)
- The pyjama ensemble is fun with a funky pattern head to toe with very minimal jewelry. The pattern will speak for itself!
- Remember not to wear anything tight or very fitting, because you will lose the comfort look in the PJ trend. Though the fit should still relatively shape your body. PJ tops should not be fussy and it should fall above the hip line or can be tucked in the pants.
- Certain PJ trademarks include, the “outline” around the collar of the top and the line on the side of the pants like in the first picture featuring the Louis Vuitton PJ set.
- Also, the silky material is often seen on the Pyjama Suit Trend
- If the whole Pyjama set is too much for you, try wearing either the top or bottom and match it with the rest of your wardrobe.
- In the fifth picture, Work That Magic is sporting a Marni by H&M Pyjama Set and treating the pyjama top as a blouse underneath a blazer.
- The Shirt-Dress
- This piece is definitely an all seasons piece because there are, again, so many ways to wear it. You can wear it as a dress or layer it on top of a dress or slim pants.
- For spring and summer, white, stripes, or light colored shirt dresses work best for the season. Because the shirt dress will be very long, dressing it up with statement belts and jewelry will come easily since the shirt dress is a blank canvas for Wow-factor accessories.
- When picking your perfect shirt dress, do try to choose a “crisp” dress shirt/shirt dress. It’s sophisticated when it’s not too flimsy. However, if you are going for a fun casual outfit, sheer or lace textiles are just as fun.