Monday, October 14, 2013 • 3:24 PM •
What to blog about today? I haven’t done an outfit shoot and I’m too swamped with work to do research for a decent article. How about some random fashion thoughts?
1. I will always love skinnies. I hate excess material at my ankles. I cringe at the thought of salt-stained hems in the winter time.
2. I wish people in fashion were less sheep-like. Kate Moss! Karlie Kloss! Here comes Queen Delavigne! Give it a rest and maybe that way we can all equally take part in what it is we love, and that’s celebrating beautiful clothes, not beautiful famous people.
3. Pastels in the fall? It can be pulled off if you’ve got the right bag and shoes, but for a non-tacky pastel-coloured bag I would imagine you’d have to go designer.
4. In order to control ourselves while shopping in NYC, my friends and I made up a golden rule: If it ain’t “stop and stare,” don’t buy it. When you’re a fashionista, semi-statement items just have no place in the wardrobe.
5. The new McQueen collection is just wow.
6. This one is with a friend in mind. STFU to anyone who says “real women are ______.”
7. When you’re about to dish out 100 bucks on Philip Lim for target just because there was so much hype around it, it’s time to think about opportunity cost. Take that money and contribute it to something like this, this or maybe even this.